Since 2017, AmeriLife Direct has been helping insurance agents provide Medicare options to their existing clients via the Medicare Sales Referral Program. During this time, we have compiled a list of best practices Do’s and Don’ts:
- DO inform your client of the referral process to help ensure a good customer service experience.
- DO provide the clients your referral card with your pre-printed NPN to ensure your referrals are being tracked accordingly.
- DO NOT be present when the client calls the AmeriLife Direct referral center.
- DO NOT remain on the phone with the referral center and advise the selling agent of a plan that you recommend for the client.
- DO NOT make plan recommendations or provide materials to your client about plans, products, or benefits.
Due to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”) requirements with respect to compensation for Referral Agents, Referral Agents participating in the AmeriLife Direct Medicare Sales Referral Program are not allowed to sell, market, provide literature, or explain the MA/MAPD and/or PDP Plans to potential clients. This means Referral Agents shall provide only a personalized referral card to their client, which will list the Referral Phone Line toll free phone number for further information.
Note: For agent use only. Terms and conditions may apply. Not all products may be available in your state. Not affiliated with the U.S. government or federal Medicare program.